Would you like a prospective client or employer to see this on YOUR Facebook page?
I'm sure you've heard horror stories of folks who've lost out on a great job because a Google search of their name turned up stories or images of inappropriate behavior. There are several ways this can happen, and several solutions to the problem.
Here are 5+ ways to manage your brand, whether you are a wellness coach, aromatherapist, herbalist, holistic nutritionist or other holistic health professional... Or you just care about your online reputation!
1. Watch what you put online. Think about whether you'd like your grandmother to see it before you share it!
2. Set your Facebook settings so that no one can tag you without your permission or post pictures to your wall that may be questionable.
3. Set up a Google alert for your name here so that you can see new material "popping up," and take steps to have anything negative removed or explained.
4. Be sure your good side gets its fair share of publicity! Including:
- Set up a Facebook page for your business
- Set up a LinkedIn profile and post relevant and interesting updates
- Pin relevant pictures to your Pinterest profile (need an invite? Let us know!)
- Start your own blog that relates to your business or your career. Blogging not only helps you, but you can share helpful tips and methods with your readers. If you're a health and wellness blogger, you might just help someone else live a healthier life, too!
5. ACHS alumni have multiple opportunities to share their accolades online, and we encourage you to take advantage of them all!
- Get your story publicized on ACHS's Alumni in Action page
- Write a guest blog post for our blog
- Upload a photo of yourself holding something from ACHS - your ACHS Textbook, ACHS t-shirt, keychain, etc., to Pinterest. Then let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll repin your photo to the ACHS Pinterest board.
- Write guest articles or blogs for other publications. Be sure to include your ACHS program in your bio as there are many untrained writers out there, and you want your readers to know you have accredited training in the field!
- Take advantage of LinkedIn - join the ACHS Alumni Group
- Become an ACHS Ambassador and help spread holistic health education to others. Whether it's teaching a kindergarten class how to make a salad or grow some fresh basil, or sharing aromatherapy at a retirement community, there are many ways to give back to your community and create your own positive PR!
- Join all the industry bodies that your ACHS certification or holistic health credential entitles you to, including: National Association of Nutrition Professionals, Aromatherapy Registration Council, or American Herbalists Guild.
What other tips do you have for your peers? We'd love to hear from you! Post a comment with your top tips and suggestions for managing your brand and online reputation!