Image copyright: pexels.com
With online courses, you can enjoy the freedom to pursue your goals and dreams from anywhere on the globe! At ACHS, our holistic health, nutrition, aromatherapy and herbal medicine courses will equip you with solid, science-based knowledge that can open new doors to your career in wellness.
Online education is a great option for many people, and here are just a few reasons why:
Online education is a a great alternative to on-campus learning for those who value flexibility. Master of Science in Aromatherapy student Jennifer Kovalchik chose ACHS for this reason. She says, "I have kids, I have a business, I have a family so I’m kind of making my own schedule of when I want to do my class hours. I really love that flexibility."
MS in Complementary Alternative Medicine alumni Angela Seng says that she had a good experience with her courses at ACHS and she enjoyed the flexibility that they afforded. “I was really happy with the way that the courses were structured and how the online Canvas program was set up. It was extremely user-friendly,” she says.
Photo courtesy of ACHS student & yoga studio owner Jennifer Kovalchik
2. No Commute
Another benefit of taking courses online is that you can avoid the daily commute to and from a physical campus. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic when in-person classes don't allow for social distancing, it can be beneficial to be able to learn online from home instead. As a college that has always offered online courses, ACHS was thankful to be well prepared to serve our students without any interruption to their learning as this pandemic began.
When you take courses online, you can choose a college that you may not have otherwise had access to. Not everyone has a holistic health college with a physical campus nearby, and we are happy to provide an online education option to students around the world. For example, one of our students Nicole Berry does her courses from Spain, where she also runs an international internship program.
4. Inspiring and Supportive Instructors
At ACHS, we have an amazing faculty of experts who are always there for our students. "I’m so glad that I decided to go to ACHS because all of my professors were absolutely amazing," says Diploma in Aromatherapy alumni Shanna Bynes.
Dr. Jacqui McGrath's fun online class meetings!
Our instructors go above and beyond to support our students. Here's what some of our students and alumni have to say about our faculty:
- "Dr. Jacqui goes leaps and bounds beyond others to meet the students needs. I have had the pleasure of being her student for 3 classes and my experience exceeded all expectations. She has become my mentor and I hope to follow in Dr. Jacqui's footsteps," says MS in Holistic Nutrition graduate Cindy Ross.
- "[Professor Deryl Gulliford] has gone above and beyond his role both in and out of the classroom. Not only has he given valuable information via his weekly webinars, but also discussed material and questions outside of the classroom setting giving advice, suggestions as well as other information pertaining to learning about health systems and diseases," says ACHS student Kari Proefrock.
- "Professor Abbey Skinner has always made learning fun and super interactive even on an online platform. Each class that I took from her I learned so much and could apply what I learned immediately into my life. She has an incredibly positive attitude and always encouraged us to do our best. She always had a wealth of knowledge to share and seemed very passionate about the subject she was teaching and that energy definitely rubbed off on the students allowing us to feel passionate about our work," says ACHS student Brianna McNaney.
5. It could change your life!
As an online college, ACHS empowers our students to help others and make a difference. "ACHS turned my world upside down. When I started there I didn’t have any clue where I would go, and I can’t imagine doing anything different than what I’m doing now. It’s providing me with flexibility, knowledge of things that I didn’t even know existed. Being able to encourage people to make a change in an area of their life where they think they can’t is such a blessing," says AAS in CAM alumni Amy Hardesty.
Certificate in Wellness Consulting alumni Vanessa Goldeen says that ACHS made her feel prepared and confident in her career. "I now feel very confident that I can research a particular aspect of health or wellness as it may relate to the clients that present to me, and have knowledgeable answers for them that are oftentimes more informative to them than any information they ever got from a doctor," she says.
Are you an ACHS student? Comment your favorite things about online education below!
Disclosure of Material Connection: This blog may contain affiliate links. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
About American College of Healthcare Sciences
American College founded in 1978, is a fully online accredited institute of higher education specializing in holistic health. Based in Portland, OR; our goal is to make research-driven and science-based holistic health education taught by industry-leading experts accessible to anyone anywhere while still giving students a hands-on experiential learning experience like a traditional college and a strong sense of community, school pride and student bond.
This commitment to our students and graduates reflects in our current survey results that reflect 98% of our students would recommend ACHS to a friend or family member.
We believe education is the most powerful tool for changing an individual and the world around us.
When a person enrolls as ACHS, it is vitally important that they graduate with tools they need to forge their own holistic and sustainable missions, build up their communities confidently and changing the face of healthcare with knowledge.
For more information visit achs.edu