5 Ways to Celebrate Your Graduation from an Online College
First off, let’s start by saying, congratulations, graduates! It took a lot of hard work, sleepless nights, and sacrifices along the way to reach your goal. But look at all you’ve learned, and the fun you’ve had along the way!
Anyone that says online learning is easier hasn’t studied online. We know anxiously waiting for that grade to post, sitting down at your computer or iPad while friends and family are out having fun, and stretching your brain on a tough exam all push you to meet your edge. Now you’re finished and can give yourself a pat on the back, enjoy some TLC, and most importantly, celebrate!
If you thought being an online student meant you wouldn’t have the traditional graduation experience, well, keep reading! Not only can you have the traditional experience, with ACHS at least, but we have a ton of other fun ways that are anything but traditional for you to celebrate your achievement, whether you join us live in Portland or celebrate at home.
Like most adult students, going back to school and earning your degree has probably been a family affair. There have been a lot of people that have supported you along the way. So celebrating your graduation is the perfect time to get your support team together and share a big “hats off” with the whole team.
Check out these great ideas and then let us know how you’re celebrating your graduation in the comments!
Top of the list: Join ACHS live in Portland to walk in our graduation ceremony on October 12, 2018. You’ll hear from our keynote speakers, Outstanding Graduate Lisa Donaldson and Famous Alumni Inga Wieser, Founding President Dorene Petersen, and our new President Erika Yigzaw. 2018 also marks ACHS’s 40-year anniversary!
In case you can’t travel to Portland, we came up with a few ideas on how to celebrate remotely with our live stream Graduation Ceremony:
- Invite family and friends over for a graduation party and watch the virtual ceremony together. You can order your ACHS regalia and celebrate in your cap and gown online here.
- Host a themed activity based on the program you graduated from. Most of your friends and family have probably heard about your program, but have they seen your knowledge in action? Here’s your opportunity to share your passion!
- If you graduated from a nutrition program, you could host a cooking class incorporating superfoods such as acai or cacao.
- If graduating from an aromatherapy program, create an essential oil blend with guests as a party favor to take home.
- If you completed an herbal medicine program, show your guests how to make their own tea blend with a mini herb bar at home.
- And, if you are really going for it, incorporate a specific herb/essential oil into three different activities. You could feature lavender in cooking, make tea with your favorite herbs, and diffuse your favorite essential oils throughout your home to incorporate different types of holistic health!
3. If having a party seems a little much, there are other options! Take a small vacation to celebrate yourself, or even better, a “staycation” in the city you live in. Hint: The upcoming ACHS Kona Aromatherapy Boot Camp would be the perfect place to celebrate ;)
Visit a botanical garden, spend an afternoon at a museum, or have a picnic in the park. Taking yourself out of your comfort zone allows for new opportunities that wouldn’t necessarily take place otherwise.
4. Connect with classmates. Before you “fly the nest” from ACHS, set up a regional group with graduates in your area in the ACHS Student Center or make plans to connect at your next industry conference (check out this blog post on how to boost your network by attending events and conferences, plus they’re fun!). gather contact information of other students and professors you’d like to stay in touch with. These folks have been through the trenches and the successes with you, so take advantage of that solidarity and nurture the connection! Visit the ACHS Student Center or the closed ACHS Facebook group to connect easily with the ACHS student body.
5. If you have special loved-ones that supported you while you earned your credential, a special way to show your appreciation would be to write them a letter of gratitude. For many students, making the commitment to go back to school was an easy decision, so giving thanks to those who gave you alone time to study or helped finance your education is a commendable gesture. You can also take the time to send a thank you note to the professors who made an impact on your education and personal growth.
So here’s to you, graduate. Go on and share everything you’ve learned with the world.
From all of us here at ACHS, we respect and applaud you for your hard work and dedication to your education. How will you celebrate your graduation? Share with us in the comments below.
Want to share your achievement with us? Be sure to tag ACHS on social media with the tag: #achsgrad2018! And be sure to tell us how you’re celebrating in the comments below!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a guest blogger and graduate of American College of Healthcare Sciences, the Institution that publishes this blog. However, all opinions are my own. This blog may contain affiliate links. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent disease. This article has not been reviewed by the FDA. Always consult with your primary care physician or naturopathic doctor before making any significant changes to your health and wellness routine.